June 06, 2006

I Am A Wife (I Am, part one)

I am a wife, first and foremost. I have no qualms with that. Some people would shun the relationship that I have with my husband, saying that I'm too dependent upon him. Yes, I am dependent on him for certain things, like love and affection (and foot rubbies and neck massages and ... well let's just say more rubbing type things). Also, since I am doing the housewife/struggling artist thing right now, I have to depend on him for income. However, if worse came to worse, I could fend for myself.

It is for this reason that I cannot even fathom cheating on my husband. Even though I am missing the physically contact while he is in Iraq, I love him and I would never go running into the arms of any other male that shows me any type of comfort. Hell, I become somewhat beligerant whenever a strange male hits on me.

On another note. If he ever EVER slept with another woman his ass would be out on the pavement. If I am that dedicated to him, than he had damn well be that dedicated to me. Which I know he is(that goes without saying). I trust him and he trusts me.

Personally, I think that I am a good wife. Some may think I'm lazy because I don't have a real job and I have no kids to take care of, but I still take care of my house and the other living being inside of it. My house, for the most part, stays clean. (It's a bit messy right now, but it's not filthy or dirty - but durn it, my upstairs is spotless!). I take care of 4 very different animals (fat dog, two cats - one loving and fluffy, the other slender and feral, and the wildly popular Chinchilla.) Also, when my husband is home, he had a good home cooked meal on the table whenever he gets off of work. Okay, sometimes it's pizza or sandwiches, but for the most part it's a good hot meal. And, on weekends, Breakfast is cooked either saturday or Sunday. We also do things together, spend time with each other.

I love my husband. I respect my husband. I am forever Faithful to my husband. I will honor our vows 'til death do us part.' I am his wife.

1 comment:

Mz M said...

Hey, you need to blog more. There must be more bitching in you that needs to come out, lol. That and I have you as a link from my blog so you might get more traffic.