July 31, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

The following is a list of different things that I consider to be my guilty pleasures:

Movies:
-Gone with the Wind
-Any Muppet Movie
-Certain Chick flicks that are too numerous to list here. Even a tough girl like me needs to see Jennifer Aniston fall in love (unless that love involves Ben Stiller *vomit*)

Books:
-The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. I read all 12 of these books in a week's time. They're easy reads and they're just fun. Besides, who doesn't want to be a bounty hunter, really?
-Children's books. Things like Wizard of Oz, Black Beauty, and Grimm's Fairytales all appeal to me and my inner child.
-Dan Brown. Some people hate him and the inconsistancies that fill his books. I ate all four and I'll probably buy his future books.
-Old Anne Rice. Yes, I wanted to be a vampire. And Notice the "old" I put in front. I refuse to read any of her newer items (let's say since her husband died and she refused to write about lestat anymore). Her newer books are just horrid and really lacking in editing - but that's not what this blog is about.
-Harry Potter. I'm not really sure if this should even be considered a guilty pleasure or if it is, shoudl go in with the "children's books." However, I'm giving this series it's own bullet.

Magazines:
-Good Housekeeping. what? It's got some interesting tips and stuff in it.
-Women's Health. I'm almost obsessive with health now-a-days. So it's only natural

Music:
-Kellie Clarkson. It's hard to really come up with a guilty pleasure in music, since I listen to many different genres (Punk-New age, Bad Religion-Enya)

Television:
-The Biggest Loser. Inspirational maybe? I really enjoy this show.
-Desperate Housewives. Oh the drama.
-Grey's Anatomy. My favoritest show ever.
-Last Comic Standing. Not sure if this is a guilty pleasure since I don' know if people are ashamed to watch this or not. I just like listening to comics.

1 comment:

Mz M said...

Your an awesome dork, and I mean that in the nicest of ways. Also brave for admitting your guilty pleasures.